Re: [gardeners] Re: Potatoes

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:06:03 -0700

Straight from the Pinetree catalog, page 31: New Zealands Spinach (55
days) This perennial spinach substitute has been in use in this country
since long before the Constitution. It is a staple of the dooryard
gardens at Sturbridge Village. Seeds are large (10 per packet) and slow
to germinate, so be patient. Properly known as tetragone, the flavor is
quite similar to that of real spinach.

Pinetree doesn't mention that it's a climber but I found out when it
climbed a tomato cage and took over. Hope this helps.

George