Re: [gardeners] Seeds available

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 05:59:13 -0400

At 02:39 AM 10/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>    Do endemic mean native to Chile? I'm just a country boy and those
>words are soo confusing.
>    To tell you the truth I get a little anxious when I read that someone
>in another country is going to mail seeds of something to someone with out
>being sure it won't turn into Kudzu or Fire Ants, or etc.
>    Allen
>    Bastrop Co.,Tx

Hi Allen,

I had to look it up, and it does mean native to an area or people.  So I'm
not too sure what he was offering.  Anyway, I emailed offline and gently
declined his generous offer.

So far, I haven't ever sent or received a seed swap outside the U.S., and
what I do have for trade with the exception of the malva and anthemis are
pretty benign annuals... well maybe I shouldn't say that... Nigella can
become a pretty pesky re-seeder, and if you have a cat, Borage will pop up
in many places.  So what seeds do I have that I can send you Allen?

Cynthia
**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **