RE: [gardeners] 100 pounds of apples!

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:20:18 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Seyfried,Alice wrote:

> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, apple butter is my (and my kids) favorite.  I make it the
> same way I make applesauce, just cook it a heck of a lot longer (sometimes
> almost 2 days).  Then I add extra cinnamon and maybe a little nutmeg.

Crockpots are great for applebutter.  And if you're really lazy, you
start with a big #10 (commercial) can of unsweetened applesauce.  Makes
an easy holiday present and it smells *so* good.  I use cinnamon, cloves
and nutmeg in mine.

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
just west of Portland, OR  USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)