Re: [gardeners] Chelsea

Barb Rothenberger (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 06:00:02 -0600

Thanks for the advice!  I know the Freemantels will have us going the night
before so that we can get there good and early.  We went to a Royal
Horticultural show in '81 and it was so packed it was difficult to see the
exhibits.  That was all indoors, however.  Phila Flower show was a mob
scene as well.  Where do all these people come from?  We were astounded at
how many tourists there were in Greece - we thought by going the end of
Sept. we were at the END of the tourist season and it wouldn't be so
crowded!  We went to an Internation Flora Li (sp) in Montreal years ago and
as garden writers got a sneak preview the night before it opened - did that
with Chicago Flower show as well, That is the way to see these show!
	Barb
	At 10:08 AM 12/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Barb - I was at the Chelsea Flower Show in May 1998 and it was enormous.
>Suggest going early and visiting the outdoor exhibits first. We made the
>mistake of spending all our time indoors, not realizing there was so
>much to see outside the tent. By the time we wander outdoors, exhibits
>were 10 to 12 people thick!
>
>Hope you have a great visit.
>
>Jo Ellen Sharp
>Indianapolis