Re: [gardeners] In the kitchen on a Thursday

Fri, 01 Jan 1999 08:15:52 -0600

penny x stamm wrote:

> George, did you really mean $2.99 for 18 lbs of Rio Red
> grapefruits...??? One Ruby Red costs me $1.29 ....Count your blessings,
> Sir!

Yup, $2.99 for eighteen pounds. Tried one yesterday and they are truly sweet
with hardly any seeds and very little of the bitter white under the skin. I
eat them like oranges, peel 'em and scarf them up. Reckon the freeze in the
Texas valley meant they had to pick and ship immediately.

George