Re: [gardeners] In the Garden - January 4, 1999

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 09:26:44 -0700

At 09:17 AM 1/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi George,
>Your life is good.   Imagine finding vegies in the garden now.  Mine have
>been covered with snow for a month at least.  I would think it was a heat
>wave to wake up to 26F degrees, this morning was about 12 which was warmer
>than lately.  I am excited that it may get up to 50F later this week of
>course it will be windy, up to 70mph later today maybe.  Thanks for writing
>to us about your gardening while we are all frozen under with not much
>green in sight except for the conifers of course and my arum italicum that
>I got from Gene.  Have a good day.
>
>Jane

I saw a post a bit ago that the Santa Ana winds are blowing in Southern
Calif.  You'll get your chinooks as soon as the winds get across Utah, and
then it's bye bye time for snow (and hats and papers and small children and
roofs, etc.).  Margaret, who has leaned into those winds way too many
times.