Re: [gardeners] alpine strawberries

David G. Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 05:59:35 -0500

The ones from Bluestone are Ruegens Improved.  Burpee didn't list a variety
for the ones I got last year, but they seem fine.  They made a few teeny
berries all summer, but when the weather got cooler there were more and
bigger.  Your weather must be about like ours here in Delaware, so maybe
that's what you should expect.  The plants looked good all summer, though,
with regular watering.

David