Re: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V1 #460

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 05:37:45 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Penny Nielsen wrote:

> Well I lied:-).  I gather the price of gas has come down in the last
> few months.  Self-serve regular can be had for just under 52 cents a
> litre or about $1.97 Cdn. for a US gallon.  Think its 54 cents when
> they pump.  Much of the cost is taxes.

If you make the conversion from $ Cdn to $US, that's cheaper than what
we're paying here in the Portland, OR, area ($1.30 last time I filled up
my motorized roller skate, about $1.15 right now). If you head out to
the small farm towns, it runs about $0.15-$0.20/gallon cheaper.

Kay Lancaster  kay@fern.com