[gardeners] HGTV -Reply

Penny Nielsen (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:26:52 -0400

Hi Donna

That's what I thought Donna.  Never heard of Indoor Gardener. Do watch another gardening show but for the life of me can't recall the name - from BC I think, mostly patio (container gardening) but not crazy about the hosts.  Ocassionally see the 'Herbal Primer' but think its mostly reruns as well as the Gorilla Gardner.  So many of the shows are reruns.  Do watch Rebecas's Garden too on Sunday a.m.  I'd watch everyone if I could.

DH has proposed that we get HGTV cause he knows I miss it, but its my stubborness that has kept me from doing so.  Will probably relent next fall/winter.

Good luck with Canada Blooms and your interview.  I know I'd like to see more 'nataional' gardening shows.  One of these years I'm sure I'll actually get to one of these shows.  Friend from the valley would like to go to Chelsea with me one year, but we're so obligated to visit family in France every couple of years that it makes it difficult/expensive.   DH has cut back on my home renovation plans cause he wants the money to do spur of the moment travelling when I retire.  He still has many years to work but wants the freedom to get away for a weekend or 'move' if something more interesting  comes along.

Penny in Halifax, N.S. who has already moved at least 25-30 X in her life

>>> Donna Dawson <donna@icangarden.com> 02/27 11:10 am >>>
Hi Penny...I think you will find that most of the gardening shows are on
HGTV now...here at home I watch Canadian Gardening and a new show called
the Indoor Gardener is right after that...Denis Flanigan is the host and it
is based out of Toronto..for the moment.  If they can get more of a budget,
they want to include the rest of Canada...as a matter of fact when we go to
Canada Blooms we are going to the station to be interviewed.  I think
ICanGarden will be a part of the show at least once a month speaking about
what is new for gardeners.

It's a wonderful opportunity to promote gardeners in Canada...
Donna
http://www.ICanGarden.com

At 12:11 PM 2/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Kris
>
>You're likely in the U.S. so its no doubt different.  In Canada, I think
Canadian Gardening (the one thats the same as the magazine) and Gardeners
Journal moved.  There might have been others that I can't think of right
now too.  Some of the home type shows that were on Life also moved.  I may
end up subscribing next fall to HGTV.  Its not the money but the principle
of having to take the other stations that come with the package, most of
which we're not interested in at all.  I wish we could just choose the
stations we want and pay on that basis.

>Penny
>Nielsenp@gov.ns.ca
>Halifax, Nova Scotia, Zone 5/6a
>http://explore.gov.ns.ca/

>In a message dated 2/26/99 7:15:11 AM, NIELSENP@gov.ns.ca writes:
>
><< This talk of gardening shows reminds me too that since we stopped
receiving
>HGTV I believe some of the gardening shows that I used to catch on LIFE have
>moved over to HGTV.
> >>

>I am addicted to HGTV. I also like LIfe but I don't remember any garden shows
>on ther. The only show remotely would be Katy Brown but I wouldn't call her
>show a garden show.
>Penny do you remember the names of the shows? Just curious, no biggie if you
>don't
>
>Kris P
>Z 5

Donna Dawson
email: donna@icangarden.com
http://www.ICanGarden.com
Canada's Largest Internet Gardening Resource