Re: [gardeners] Cold weather

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:41:41 -0600

margaret lauterbach wrote:

> At 07:49 AM 3/5/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >Bill Loke wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry About that but It's overflowing the fencing here. March came in
> like a
> >> lion with snow, freezing rain, high winds and "0"F (18C) temperatures. This
> >> morning It was beautiful terrible with the sun shining thru the ice on the
> >> trees and making it look like Christmas. My new pup dog should have been
> >> born in the Yukon because He loves it outdoors right now.
> >> Friends are the flowers in the Garden of LIfe
> >> Bill Loke USDA 4b
> >> RR#1 Kars Ont K0A 2E0
> >
> >Thanks a lot Bill, now I'll be shivering all day. I read your message to
> Sleepy
> >Dawg and she went back on the couch and burrowed under the afghan. That's her
> >thin-coated way of dealing with cold weather. That and begging one of us
> to get
> >under there with here to share body warmth.
> >
> >George
> >
> she'd have a completely different attitude if I got under there and put my
> cold feet on her.  Screech!  My beagle didn't mind though.  Margaret

Yup, she would move quickly. Miz Anne has done that to her a time or two and
Sleepy moves over to lie next to me in the old easy chair. Do all them little
skinny wimmen have cold feet? Miz Anne used to put them cold things in the middle
of my back in our younger days. I won't mention how I broke her of that habit but
she wears socks to bed when it gets really cold. Does that mean we're getting old
or what? <VBG>

George