[gardeners] Re:stupid jalapeno question

bsk (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:42:20 -0600

This says you have to peel and core the peppers but they don't come that way
from the store do they? I bet you can leave hot peppers whole. I have seen
people use a boiling water bath for processing.
bsk

http://www.msue.msu.edu/msue/imp/mod01/01600704.html
CANNING PEPPERS

     Hot or sweet, including chilies, jalapeno, and pimento

     QUANTITY:  An average of 9 pounds is needed per  canner
load of 9 pints.  A bushel weighs 25 pounds and yields 20 to
30 pints--an average of 1 pound per pint.