Re: [gardeners] ??

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 23:46:08 -0600

HI Byron,
    The nitrogen percentage in the fertilizer you use should depend on
what vegetable you are fertilizing. Cabbage family, greens etc. should
be fertilized with a high nitrogen content like 21-0-0 because foliage
is what you want. Other crops have different requirements. I use a
10-20-10 at planting time for most vegetables. Later as a side dressing
depending upon the requirements of that particular vegetable I may use
21-0-0, 13-13-13, or more 10-20-10.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co., SE Central Tx.
    Zone 8