Re: [gardeners] tax

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 11:11:22 -0500

"Byron.Bromley" wrote:

> All:
> Guess we realized the government would sooner or later find a way
> to tax us for using the internet. Congress will be voting in less than
> two weeks. CNN stated that the Government would, in two weeks time,
> decide to allow or not allow a Charge to your phone bill equal to a Long
> Distance call EACH time you access the Internet.
> The address is http://www.house.gov/writerep/
> If you choose, visit the address above and fill out the necessary form.
> If EACH one of us, forward this message on to others in a hurry, we may
> be able to prevent this injustice from happening!
> It only takes a minute to voice your opinion.
> Please Pass This ON

Byron: This is a net hoax and is not true. Been floating around the net for
at least two years that I know of and some have told me they've been seeing
it since 1989. We had a thread on here not a month or two ago about the same
thing. Think it was before you joined the list.

Pretty much what I'm asking of all members is to do your homework before you
post items of this type. Go to one of the net hoax sites and check it out.
Takes up unnecessary space and time for answers, debunking messages, etc.

Note I didn't say "don't post at all", we're open to about anything on this
list but discussions of religion, politics, and flames.

George Shirley, wearing his official listowner hat today