Re: [gardeners] Blackberry vines

Harry Boswell (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:18:04 -0500 (CDT)

Good luck!  I've been fighting blackberry vines for 10 years now,
and the best I've been able to do is a momentary truce.  Last week
I pulled enough to fill a 35-gallon garbage can, from a bed about
10'x30'.  The one thing I haven't done is make up a roundup
solution and paint the individual vines with it using a paint brush.
Why?  Because I never remember that trick until I'm finished pulling
the d#!@ things!

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 PieOhNear@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My hubby & I are building a new home in Payne Co. OK, and basically, the land
> surrounding the house was pasture land for many years. My problem is wild
> blackberry vines (and some florabunda roses)...how the heck can I get rid of
> these pests? We have about 20 acres of them!!
>
> Vicki Day-Cook
> Oklahoma

Harry Boswell                 hboswell@netdoor.com
USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)