Re: [gardeners] gardening stuff/x-planting corn

Kathy Kennedy (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 23:52:50 -0500

My neighbor loves to grow corn in his garden, and he had a special gadget
made last summer just for transplanting corn from "thick" areas to "thin"
areas.  It looks kind of like one of those long-handled bulb planters, and
works kind of like a post-hold digger.  He lines it up over the rather
young corn plant, takes a plug of corn plant & soil, then goes over to the
bare spot in another row, and inserts the plug.  He immediately waters the
plug in.

Bottom line: transplanting the young corn works for him, and he has corn to
share with his happy neighbors!

He's a very nice man who like gardening and gadgets.

--Kathy K, mid-Missouri, zone 5