Re: [gardeners] Monday in the garden

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:43:44 -0500

Penny Nielsen wrote:

> Geez George, hard to believe you'll be eating raspberries and blueberries already and we just got our cold weather seed in the ground last week.
>
> BTW George, $25. a sq. ft. for corian sounds good.  Its $70. up here and not sure that includes installation.  Add another 15 percent taxes on top of that and that's why we're going with formica.
>
> Not sure if its true, but have read that its hard to keep the grout clean on a ceramic countertop.

My folks had a ceramic countertop in their kitchen, it was 50 years old this year and the grout is still white. I think it depends on what you do to the grout and how often you clean your counter
tops. Ceramic appeals to me because you can set a pot right on it without worrying plus we're kinda sloppy when we cook. <VBG>

> Miz Anne sure is lucky to have a DH who not only is a great gardener, but a housekeeper too.
>
> Penny in Halifax, N.S.

I think she is too but she's so used to it she never says anything about it. I don't mind as I was the youngest of three and the other two had left home by the time I was 9 years old. Learned to cook
and clean from both my parents and my Dad's mother. Ma Shirley ran cafes and restaurants for most of her life and I worked for her a lot from 10 or 12 years until I went into the military at 17.
Shucks, I like cooking and don't mind cleaning too much.

George