Re: [gardeners] OT: Emus/vegetarianism

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:13:59 -0500

No, as a matter of fact I haven't noticed that the garden posts have come to an
end. My computer is still receiving them.
    We are raising nearly all the food that we eat, vegetables as well as meat.
The posts were certainly not intended to offend anyone. My apologies to you or
any other person that was offended. You do realize that what ever we eat has to
be killed whether it is eggplant or Emus?
    I realized just now that Warbler is a vegetarian with strongly held beliefs
that I have encountered on a couple of other lists.
    Again, no offense was intended. All the things that we eat were at one time
living. I do not see the difference from George ripping infant green beans from
the grasp of their mother and then boiling them alive, or killing any other
living food source.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.