Re: [gardeners] Re: Eggplant

Allen Breland (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:53:23 -0500

George Shirley wrote:
> Try Garden Gate nursery for your heat resistant tomatoes, should have them any day now.
>
> George

George,
Thanks for the info on preferences of summer tomatoes. I was going to
try a variety to see which were better producers and better taste. Now I
can save my money and effort and wasted space. Again thanks.
Are you refering to Greengate Garden Center in Lake Charles? If not,
where is Garden Gate? I hope they get them soon. I'm anxious to get them
started as soon as posible. I love fresh tomatoes. The heat and humidity
burned the bottoms and up to about half way of my Creoles and the fruit
they were producing were small and frequently rotting on the vine before
maturity. Are there any special considerations for Heatwave and Heatwave
II?
Allen