Re: [gardeners] NZ Delphs was Re: weather and other ramblings

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 05:42:00 -0400

At 07:08 AM 6/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Good Morning Cynthia,
>
>Yep, I remember Terry Dowdeswell.  I've bought more seed from him the last
>two years than I could ever hope to plant out.  <snip>
 Which ones did you get???

>Barb

Well let me see, I got dark blues with black bees, dark double blues, light
blue with a white bee, light mauve blue, and Terry sent me a freebie
package of blue mix.  (Can ya tell I like blue flowers LOL).

As soon as I got the seeds I started them under lights.  I do believe I had
close to 100% germination.  I've got several planted out in my front yard,
and another big batch that I'm going to leave in pots.  Depending on how
well they look, I may plant some in the Fall, but I think I'm going to
overwinter some in pots in case I lose all the ones I've planted.

I love delphiniums and I hope to have a spectacular show in my front yard
next year.

Cynthia

**Womyn Who Moves Mountains**In The Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **