Re: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V1 #611

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 01 Aug 1999 11:19:46 -0600

At 12:44 PM 8/1/99 -0400, you wrote:

>KimW, where are you located that your tomatoes are finishing,
>and your watermelons are so well developed..?
>
>Our neighborhood tomatoes have not yet set any fruit ...................
>

>Penny, NY

Gosh, Penny, our tomatoes have set fruit, but it's still small, green and
hard. One small tomato turned red, and my husband rinsed it off and ate it,
in spite of the fact that I told him it wasn't ripe. Hard as a rock, and
supposed to be dark purple or black when ripe. Why does he think it was
named Paul Robeson? He thought it was good anyway. Tsk. Margaret L