Re: [gardeners] Terminator seeds

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 06:53:12 -0600

At 08:48 PM 9/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>that's just one aspect, Linda, in addition the terminator seeds can render
>other healthy crops sterile, and it's a very very sobering and alarming
>issue.  It's my belief that the terminator seed technology is a concerted
>effort by agri-dizziness to do away with the small farmer and control our
>food supply.  There's nothing I've seen to counteract that suspicion,
>unfortunately.  The other alarming aspect is our USDA, FDA, and EPA has not
>required companies to label produce, goods or seeds that have been
>genetically engineered so epidemeological studies, or tracking vectors of
>disease which may be induced by such tinkering won't be possible.  It's
>disgusting.
>
>Grow organic, trade seeds, go natural!  Trading seeds is especially critical.

Worse yet, the USDA funded and is a co-patentee of the terminator
technology. With friends like our government, who needs enemies? People
call asking for political donations get my message: All political parties
can take a flying leap. A plague on all their houses. They're doing nothing
FOR us, they're too busy doing stuff TO us. Margaret L