Re: [gardeners] Wasp & Ferry Morse

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:45:13 -0600

penny x stamm wrote:

> George, yes it was Harris Seeds which we visited a few years back.
> I'm glad to hear that it has survived -- wonder if the family is still in
> it?
> Also wonder if they ever produced those darker ageratums I wanted...?
> I shall investigate the web site, and thanks for the info.
>
> Penny, NY

Harris Seeds is now an employee owned company. With no Harris' left to
run the company Joe Harris sold it to a large corporation in 1979 and
the corporation sold it to the employees in 1987. The story is
incorporated into their web page. Bonnie Plants also has a web page with
the story of how they got started.

George