Re: [gardeners] Hi gang

Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:09:06 -0600

penny x stamm wrote:

> Ron, a number of my friends on another small rose board have gotten
> messages dated 1980 -- last December.  Wonder if there is a black hole
> in the Internet?
>
> Penny, NY

Nope, it's computers that aren't Y2K compliant. My old Pentium, when
tested, would revert to 1980 so I got a new one that worked right. Been
noticing a lot of wrong year dates on the lists I'm on and even on
newsgroups. Doesn't hurt anything unless you're real interested in
having the correct date on everything you do. UseNet likes to see the
correct time and date because a lot of it is archived by date/time.

George