Re: [gardeners] Rough Weather in the Southland

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:27:27 -0700

--------------B6515DC0C2CBA00A27A1EA97

Jane Burdekin wrote:

>  Good luck Ron, I sure hope everything doesn't get washed away.  We
> are so dry here, you should share just a little bit of that rain.  We
> did get 3" of snow on Saturday but by Sunday afternoon, there was not
> a trace of it and I was out pulling weeds.  Take care. Janezone 5
> Colorado

Hello, Jane, and hello to my other gardening friends who were so very
kindly concerned.

The damage was nowhere as severe as I had anticpated. A brace here and a
stake there, and removing a few callas that looked truly battered, and
everything appears to be in good order. Even the fertilizer I had put on
my burgeoning roses seems largely to have washed in (small wonder!).

And to those of my gardening friends who observe either Easter or
Passover, a Blessed Pesach and a very Happy Easter:)

Ron