Re: [gardeners] Friday in the garden

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 18:04:12 -0500

When we lived in the Republic of Yemen at Sana'a we were at 8200 feet
and it was pleasant there. Even in the summer we wore light jackets in
the morning and we got light rains frequently. A little trouble
breathing at first but we adapted rapidly. We dried lemons by leaving
them out on the kitchen counter in our unairconditioned apartment. We
slept at night in a closed bedroom with a humidifier going to keep sore
throats and dry noses at bay. It was pleasant but I would be better
equipped to cope if I went back now.

George