Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 13 May 2000 10:35:42 -0600

George, two or three years ago a list member (maybe Gardens) said she had
sprayed a garlic-based mosquito repellant in her back yard and it worked
for quite a long time. A month? Two months? Don't recall. In your high
rainfall area, might not work that well, but maybe it's worth a try.
Margaret L

At 10:42 AM 5/13/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Very early this morning we had a very nice rain fall on the gardens. At
sunrise
>all was green and glistening and the birds were singing with happiness.
>Unfortunately so were the mosquitoes. We had been warned that this would be a
>bad mosquito year if we got rain and, guess what? We got lots and lots of
rain
>and now have lots and lots of mosquitoes.
>
>When I still smoked, 6 years clean in August, mosquitoes wouldn't have me.
Now