RE: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Dorsett (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 13 May 2000 19:16:33 -0500

> margaret lauterbach wrote:
> >
> > George, two or three years ago a list member (maybe Gardens)
> said she had
> > sprayed a garlic-based mosquito repellant in her back yard and it worked
> > for quite a long time. A month? Two months? Don't recall. In your high
> > rainfall area, might not work that well, but maybe it's worth a try.
> > Margaret L
>
> I eat garlic on everything but cake, take 2 garlic tablets a day and the
> bleedin' skeeters bite right through the reek of garlic that is
> my perspiration.
> Might try it though, if it ever stops raining.
>
> George

I think it was on OGL.  She used garlic oil/water and sprayed the perimeter
of her lawn.  She said treatments lasted a couple of months...there wasn't
much/any odor...and that *no* insects would be found within the sprayed
area.  Somehow, I've never been brave enough to try it.

 Barb in Southern Indiana  Zone 5/6  dorsett@blueriver.net
    A root is a flower that disdains fame.