Re: [gardeners] Apricot thieves!

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:55:27 -0700

Hi, Penny,

Thanks for your reply, which gave me a great chuckle. So far, we are
winning. I shake the tree a couple of times a day, and the fruit lands
on the soft grass. I then take it into the house to ripen, which it does
beauifully in this 85-degree weather. I guess you could say that the
snake and I are great shakes at raising apricots:) And, my, are they
delicious! I will have to try that snake ploy on our baby nectarine tree
(variety, Panamint, requiring very, very little chilling).

Thanks again,

Ron