Re: [gardeners] new doors...

Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:58:26 -0500

Yup. Know what you're talking about. The main door I'm talking about is $900.00
plus the cost to install. We're talking 1200 to 1300 dollars here, a major
thrust into the belly of our budget. It is necessary though as the sidelight has
started deteriorating from dryrot at the bottom. An alternative would be to just
replace the sidelight, which I can do myself. May end up doing just that. Ain't
it amazing what they want for screen doors nowadays. I'm thinking of building my
own for the back door. Just a plain old wood and screen door with one of those
long springy things to keep it closed. Like we had in olden times as my
grandkids say.

George

George