Re: [gardeners] diet

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:39:32 -0500

No name or link. I am diabetic so avoid carbohydrates like potatoes, rice,
bread, sweets, etc. I do eat green beans, carrots, broccoli, etc and a lot of
lean beef, chicken, or fish. More activity helps too, I do Tai Chi for 30
minutes each day to stay limber and use a "surgical" rubber tube for resistance
exercises. Started with the tube for my shoulders after cortisone shots for
bursitus and discovered the exercises worked the abodomen muscles too. Basically
I'm just trying to eat less, eat the right foods, and get a little more
exercise. I want to take the weight off like I put it on, a few pounds at a
time.

George