Re: [gardeners] 3 Tomato Plant

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:36:44 -0600

You would probably get very few tomatoes. I live in an area that gets 65 to 100
inches or rain annually and we seldom get many tomatoes. We fight everything
that has to do with too much water. The three year drought that just ended was
the opposite, I got lots of tomatoes because I was able to give the plants just
the amount of water they wanted, ie when the soil started drying out at one inch
depth I watered them until I had put one inch onto the plants roots. If that's
what you have in mind it will probably work but I wouldn't let the leaves or
fruit get wet and only water at the roots and just enough, not drenched totally.
I hope you see what I'm aiming at here. There are other gardeners on this list
with lots of tomato sense and they will probably pipe up.

George