Re: [gardeners] OT Gas Prices

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:37:12 -0600

I'm aware that energy costs are much higher in other parts of the country but
here they've always been pretty reasonable. Now, suddenly the market for natural
gas is going nuts and the gas companies would rather send it north for more
money than to leave it here where it was produced at a cheaper price. Hey! I
understand capitalism and the market economy, I just don't have to like it.
<VBG> Many of my family and friends are on fixed incomes, these higher rates
really slap them hard.

George