Re: [gardeners] OT: software question

David G Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:21:43 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01C06B27.0CEE1500

I don't know a way to do that in Word, but I'm not much of a Word user.  =
You can always bring up a DOS window and do something like this:

cd\mydocu~1
dir >prn

Or this:

dir >dir.txt

You can then open dir.txt in Word and do whatever you want with it.

Does that help at all?

David

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Shirley,George <gshirley@deltech.net>
To: Gardeners List <gardeners@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 7:56 AM
Subject: [gardeners] OT: software question

> I'm an old WordPerfect user who switched to Word a couple of years ago =
(about
> the time Corel started bundling WP in with a bunch of stuff I didn't =
need). I
> was accustomed to being able to print out the titles of the contents =
of a folder
> or menu. I haven't found a way to do this in Word as yet and the Help =
> isn't helpful at all. Do any of you out there know how to do this =
within Word. I
> guess I could buy some printscreen software but it looks like Billy =
Bob Gates
> would have set it up to do what I need. Help!
>=20
> George
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0072_01C06B27.0CEE1500

I don't know a way to do that in = Word, but I'm=20 not much of a Word user.  You can always bring up a DOS window and = do=20 something like this:

cd\mydocu~1
dir >prn

Or this:

dir >dir.txt

You can then open dir.txt in Word = and do=20 whatever you want with it.

Does that help at all?

David