Re: [gardeners] Re: Raintree Nursery Apples?

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:24:38 -0700

At 02:12 PM 1/28/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I think it's caused by a virus.  I bought something last year that was
>supposed to be helpful but I never got around to using it.  Last year wasn't
>much good for gardening in general -- too cool and wet.
>
>David
I think brown rot is a fungus. I think it would be beneficial to
scrupulously pick up and dispose of fruit that had had the disease as well
as look for whatever kills brown rot. You also should investigate when  and
how to treat for that fungus. Margaret L