RE: [gardeners] weather

Doug Reed (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:30:35 -0800 (PST)

I know what you mean Jane. When I left for work Friday morning it was
-6 at my house (Lyons, CO). I was talking to my mother in Mississippi
on Thursday, where it was around 70, and she was working in the flower
beds. She just laughed at my cold weather complaints (can't wait until
July/August when she calls me an complains about the heat and humidity).

The big problem I'm having is that we were teased the last week or so with
50 degree temps. My early daffodils, near the house, are already up about
3 to 4 inches. Hopefully this is the last of the really cold weather we see
before spring.

-Doug Reed
-Boulder County (Lyons)