Re: [gardeners] vacuum sealers

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:12:18 -0600

That's for the machine. Bags are much cheaper and sometimes you can find the
machine on sale. I generally blanch the veggies first, sling them as dry as I
can, put on a cookie sheet and freeze for two hours (not enough to burn them)
and then bag. The vacuum doesn't work well if liquids get sucked into it. I've
broccoli, chard, peppers, and onions that have been in the freezer up to a year
and are still just like the day I froze them. I freeze edible gourds raw.

George