RE: [gardeners] virus

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:48:16 -0800

I've been using ZoneAlarm and it does work well as long as you have enough
system resources.

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of George Shirley
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 5:41 AM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] virus

I'm in the process of preparing for DSL service from Ma Bell. Hook up date
is
May 23rd and I'm going to download ZoneAlarm as my firewall. Couple of
advantages to it, 1) it's free (big plus), 2) it works well according to
folks I
know who use it. I'm leery of attachments even from people I know due to the
way
some worms and viruses appear to be from someone you know but actually have
invaded their address book. Norton seems to catch them all at this time. I
was
reading email last night when Norton went to their site and updated itself,
like that.

George

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> << It may well be someone on Gardeners and it would be wise for all
members to
> check their "out" box and see if sexyfun@hahaha has been sending messages
from
> your computer. If so you are infected and need to run antiviral software
> clean it up. Anyone else getting this thing?
>
> George >>
>
> Thank goodness I have a Mac and Norton anti-virus.  AND I don't open
> attachments unless I know who they are from.  I have a great firewall as
> well.  You just can't be too careful.  My hubby is in software and their
IT