Re: [gardeners] LA Iris

Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:56:28 -0500

Louisiana iris, quite collectible, we have the native wild ones and some that
were bred to different colors. You can do a web search and it will bring up the
Louisiana Iris Society and also several nurseries that sell them. I have been
known to trade them for other varieties of iris and plants that we don't have.
The reds aren't for trade yet as we currently have expanded from one to three
plants. I like to have several before trading. The red iris was a ditch plant
when Miz Anne saved it.

George