Re: [gardeners] Gardening 101 question

David G Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:07:23 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C0C7EF.5CB43900

Here in Delaware it was sunny with highs around 70 degrees over the =
weekend; this morning we had enough snow to make the ground white.

David

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HolzwarthA@aol.com=20
  To: gardeners@globalgarden.com=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 8:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [gardeners] Gardening 101 question

  I am in Myrtle Beach .  Arrived yesterday from Massachusetts.  We =
enjoyed the=20
  greening up all the way down and were surprised to have it colder than =
it was=20
  at home when we got here.  Met our friends from Rochester NY in VA. =
she=20
  wanted to know what the orange flowers were in NC along the highways. =
I said=20
  they looked like poppies.  She didn't believe me. We stopped in SC  to =
pick a=20
  roadside weed and it was a clover.  When we arrived at the campground =
she had=20
  a poppy and I had the clover.  She said she wanted to know what the =
redflower=20
  was so I got the clover  out  of the motorhome.  She was surprised =
that I had=20
  one as I wa surprised she had the poppy.It is cold this morning  but =
the=20
  trees are green and we don't see snow.  It is still 2 1/2 foot deep at =
the=20
  top of my yard at home and the crocus are blooming along the edge of =
the=20
  drift.=20
  Anne from  MA=20

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C0C7EF.5CB43900

Here in Delaware it was sunny with = highs around 70=20 degrees over the weekend; this morning we had enough snow to make the = ground=20 white.

David