Re: [gardeners] poison ivy

Jeannine Kantz (
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:19:13 -0500

We had a similar problem and did some research. Whatever you do-don't burn
them. You can inhale the smoke and cause your lungs to break out. Poisons
like Roundup don't work well either because even when the plant is dead,
you can get the resins from the leaves that will break you out. The only
sure fire method we found is to dig them up root and all and discard them.
Dig very carefully, needless to say.

At 08:56 AM 5/31/01 -0700, you wrote:
>It's in my vegetable garden!  Remember a while back
>when I wrote about cleaning out the garden and
>thinking the rash I had was from the raspberry bushes?
> Wrong.  How do I get rid of these beasty poison
>Stacey in DC
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 
>a year!
Jeannine Kantz