Re: [gardeners] poison ivy

George Shirley (
Thu, 31 May 2001 13:27:44 -0500

If you're allergic to poison ivy you get the rash. Best way to get rid of them
then is with RoundUp or one of the others that works the same way. You can wear
plastic gloves and paint it on the plant with a paint brush to avoid getting it
on your raspberry bushes. DO NOT BURN THE POISON IVY, the rash is even worse
when you inhale the smoke or get the oily smoke on your skin. Dispose of it in
plastic bags and send it to the dump.

Better yet, find someone who isn't allergic to the stuff and have them take it
out for you. Lots of us aren't allergic to poison ivy or poison oak. HTH


Stacey Marien wrote:
> It's in my vegetable garden!  Remember a while back
> when I wrote about cleaning out the garden and
> thinking the rash I had was from the raspberry bushes?
>  Wrong.  How do I get rid of these beasty poison
> ivies?
> Stacey in DC
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
> a year!