Re: [gardeners] solar killing of weeds

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:19:46 -0500

Use clear polyethylene, cover the sides with dirt so no air gets under, leave
for about 6 weeks and it should sterilize the ground down about 6 inches. The
idea behind leaving that long is it kills the surface greenery then gives the
buried seeds and roots a chance to sprout and then kills them, etc.

You get a vacation? Wow! Wish I did, I would dearly love to go someplace other
than SW LA for a few days.

George