Re: [gardeners] solar killing of weeds

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:37:55 -0600

This is all I received of your post, Lucinda, but I'm barely emerged from a
virus. @#$%^^ IIRC, we tilled an area and wet it down very thoroughly, then
stretched clear plastic over it, fastening the edges down, and left it for
about six weeks (mid-July to early Sept). The spur for that was not weeds,
but potatoes that looked beautiful, but attempts to pick them up revealed
they were soft-squishy and smelly inside.  No problems with that area (ca
10X17 feet) since then. Nice to see your name in the "in" box. Hope you're
set for a wonderful summer.  Margaret L