Re: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V1 #1180

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:02:17 -0500

Just noticed the Bethesda at the end of your message. Bethesda, MD? I spent some
time in the Naval Hospital there in early 1959, don't remember much about it
though, didn't go out to the civilian areas. Sounds like you have been very busy
with your garden. My father-in-law gardened in St. Mary's County, MD and could
grow about anything in that old red dirt with rocks in it on his place.

Blueberries - I have two different types as that is generally required with high
bush blueberries to get them to fruit. One bears very large (rabbiteye) berries
and the other has a slightly smaller berry that comes on a week or two later
than the big one. Might you not have something similar there?

We're getting enough traffic right now to keep the list open. You wouldn't
believe the bounced messages I get on a daily basis, mostly spam that the list
server sends on to me.

George