RE: [gardeners] Re: Sunday in the garden [sic]

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:36:39 -0600

How do you tell when the pears are ripe? Ask your county extension agent. I
grow Bartlett pears, and they must be picked green, and I pick them by
gently swaying them on the tree. If they come off easily in my hand, we
pick them. If not, we let them stay for another week or two (in
Sept.).  Margaret L