Re: [gardeners] Re: bitter eggplants

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:03:41 -0600

Reproductive parts of the eggplant plant are in the self-pollinating
flowers. If you say some of the fruits are "male," then won't you be
astonished to learn that the fruits contain seeds!  That's a female
function, isn't it?  Holy Toledo!!!  The fruit IS an ovary.  Then how can
an ovary be male?  Margaret L