RE: [gardeners] Sickly Tomatoes

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:08:12 -0700

Stacy,

Most likely it only a nitrogen deficiency.  Try giving them some fertilizer.
If the yellowing continues then consider fungal disease.

I'm a big advocate of trying the simplest solution to a problem first.

Terry
E. WA.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of byron bromley
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 6:04 PM
To: Gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: [gardeners] Sickly Tomatoes

Stacy

A thought,  is there brown spots on those leaves?

Might be Early Blight  a fungal disease.

Best is to spray with Daconil

Folks,

My tomatoes look sickly.  I have planted 3 Roma plants
and 3 Celebrity.  All the plants have tomatoes on them
but all the lower leaves (and some upper branches)
have turned yellow, then brown and died.  I'm pulling
the dead stems off and all the tomatoes look fine but
I'm wondering what's wrong.

STacey in DC