Re: [gardeners] Re:Globe thistle

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:27:13 +0100

Yes, local shop had that, and I bought a whole row of those expensive delphiniums,
and at night someone came and dug them all and stole them. Since that time I have had
Mexican helpers set up wire netting still higher around my yard,  so hopefully no one
can come in.
  I made a mistake when I moved here, to not realize hazard of theft was so bad. I
shouldhave put the cement wall all around, 10 ft, and broken glass all along the top.
Would have been cheaper in the long run, than all the thefts.
    Also should have moved away from here as soon as son finished UCSD. Too late now.
At 85, can't live much longer, no use to do any more big effort. I do love the true
blue color, so hard to find.