Re: [gardeners] Re:Globe thistle

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:50:24 +0100

Yes, I think likely it is the soil that makes the diff. Flax, I'll have to try
that. I know I have seen it here along the road where someone planted it, but I
don't remember that I made a mental note of it to plant in my yard. Columbines
don't do well here. I did get some to grow but they did not thrive.

I should get around to dig in and learn something about all this. Getting to be
lazy.
Maybe it is a matter of pH, too. Wonder if the farm advisor would know. They are
good on some things but hopeless for other items, but I can phone and ask
tomorrow.

--

Bargyla Rateaver
http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver