Re: [gardeners] The color blue

Janni (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:30:39 -0500

I LOVE cornflowers. Last year, in front of our well house, this HUGE, tall
stalk started growing amongst all the daisies. After weeks we noticed
something was going to bloom. We do have yellow and purple cornflowers all
over the property (they are a Missouri wild flower) and this was just too
big, we thought. It took about two weeks to fully bloom. It was the biggest
cornflower I have ever seen!!! This year, in the same spot, there are about
3 plants with over 50 blooms. Not near the size of the one last year, but
we are certain next year there will be twice as many!!

Janni